New Government advice has been announced for those that have been shielding (known as the extremely clinically vulnerable) but what does this guidance mean for ‘shielders’?
From the 1st August 2020 the Government’s advice is that you no longer need to shield. Instead, the advice will be to adopt strict social distancing, meaning that you should take particular care to minimise contact with others outside your household or support bubble.
New Shielding Rules
As these restrictions lift it now allows you to:
- Go to work, if you cannot work from home, as long as the business is COVID-safe;
- Go outside to buy food, to places of worship or to exercise but always maintaining strict social distancing; and
- You should remain cautious as you are still at risk of severe illness if you catch Coronavirus, so the advice is to stay at home where possible and, if you do go out, follow stern social distancing.
We at Guardian Angel Carers are always aiming to increase our safety and hygiene and although the rules have been lifted, we are still placing extra measures to ensure our CareAngels and clients remain safe.
The New Normal
On reopening our ‘new normal’ care visits, across West Sussex, Hampshire and Surry to the vulnerable our CareAngles carry the correct PPE, from aprons, gloves, face shields, and masks to also always maintain a safe distance. On top of this where possible, we aim to go out for our clients so they can stay at home and be safe, but if they decide that they want to get out to do some shopping or need to go out for an appointment we support our clients with PPE to ensure they are safe whilst also getting out clients to sit in the back of our vehicles to maintain the social distance.
Additionally, to this, it is not only about our in home care environments it is also about making sure our offices are COVID-safe! Across our offices in West Sussex, Hampshire and Surry we have put into place further hygiene rules from:
- Anyone entering the building to wash their hands
- Maintaining the social distance rule
- Anything that has been touched is wiped down with disinfectant
- Always following a one-way system around the office
- Always stocked with sufficient PPE for our CareAngels
Whilst our offices are COVID-safe behind the scenes where possible the majority of our employees are also still working from home and with Government guidelines changing continuously we are constantly monitoring the guidance daily.
Click here to see the Governments latest news.