Dealing with a cancer diagnosis
When you worry about a possible symptom of cancer or receive a cancer diagnosis, you may experience all sorts of emotions. Stress is a natural reaction to this piece of news because cancer often changes lives in significant ways.
At this time of need, Guardian Angel Carers want to be there for you. We can work with you to determine the best approach to home care. Our experienced team can provide you and your loved ones with both practical and emotional support.
We can assist every step of the way
The multiple ways Guardian Angel Carers can assist you and your family include, but aren’t limited to, the following scenarios:
- As part of the screening process, waiting for a diagnosis can cause anxiety. During this time, Guardian Angel Carers can step in to take care of household concerns and other tasks that might feel depleting.
- Once your doctors identify a type of cancer, treatment can begin. At this stage, Guardian Angel Carers can help with transportation to and from appointments, medication management and more.
- When living with cancer feels burdensome, a CareAngel can take on some of the weight of household concerns.
- Should your treatment require a stay in hospital Guardian Angel Carers can help with the readjustment to home life.
Please contact us to learn more about the customised care Guardian Angel Carers can provide.
Feel good about help at home
care at home
Prognosis of cancer can vary from excellent to devastating for both the patient and their loved ones. Healthcare practitioners carefully personalise cancer treatments for best results. This can involve surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, and/or hormone therapy, according to what’s necessary.
And it doesn’t stop there. Firstly, side effects of cancer treatment can sometimes be difficult to bear or witness. Also, cancer can be chronic, which means that it is incurable. This will require ongoing treatment over months or years.
Home-based treatment is available for some forms of cancer, while others require access to cancer care facilities. But if doctors customise treatment, why not customise your care as well? That’s why we offer custom care options for our clients.
Why Guardian Angel Carers?
Continuity of care
Team of professionals
Trusted by the experts
Unique and personal service
Dedicated care manager
Timely and responsive
A complete solution
What is cancer exactly?
Although over 200 different kinds of cancer exist, all forms of cancer involve the damaging growth of abnormal cells.
These cancerous cells have the potential to grow, spread, and invade normal cells. They can do this, no matter where in the body it begins.
What are signs and symptoms of cancer?
Early signs of cancer depend on the type and the severity of the cancer. General signs of cancer are difficult to specify, but many people report:
- Feeling overwhelming tiredness or fatigue.
- Sudden or unexpected weight loss.
- Unusual bleeding.
- Fever may also be reported.
What causes cancer?
Unfortunately, most occurrences of cancer are difficult to attribute to a single, isolated cause. Possible causes include:
- Damage to genes that build up over time, but there may be other factors that explain this damage too.
- Exposure to carcinogens, which are cancer-causing substances like tobacco or inhaled asbestos.
- Genetic and biological factors.
- Some viruses and bacteria are cancer-causing.
- Certain drugs and medicines.
- Experts also link the radiation in X-rays and the sun’s ultraviolet radiation to some forms of cancer.
How it works
Get in Touch
Either call, email or complete our online contact form and one of our helpful team members will assist you.
Your dedicated Care Assessor will visit at home or in hospital. This will be a free, no obligation initial assessment. We’ll discuss the level of care and frequency of visits you require, to create a personalised care plan.
Once your care plan starts, we will continually assess and review it in consultation with you. On a continual basis, we’ll ensure it aligns with your expectations and needs.