Here in Worthing, as we all await the end of lockdown, our CareAngels are at the ready. Guardian Angel Carers home care agency Worthing are here to meet all your social and practical needs, delivering compassionate companionship services in Worthing with professionalism, respect, and a friendly smile.
You can trust our CareAngels to facilitate regular opportunities for exercise, pick up groceries and arrange for deliveries, plan special events at home, and other tasks. Here are some ideas to keep you active and comfortable as we all look forward together to the days when we can move about with more ease.
Companionship services in Worthing – Let’s go for a walk!
Though winter weather often encourages us all to stay indoors, a bit of fresh air and exercise can lift the spirits, and our CareAngels are always glad to accompany you and your loved ones on a walk in your local area. Here are a couple of ideas for safe exercise in Worthing with a CareAngel.
- You can access the Downs Link Walk, entirely on easy-to-navigate tarmac, from Old Shoreham Road. No hills or steep climbs will slow you down as you enjoy some outdoor time with a CareAngel by your side. As well, ramps are available where the path approaches a timber bridge.
- Anyone who lives near Angmering can look forward to spring and bluebells with the choice of three walks around the Angmering Estate in the South Downs National Park. The estate is easily located north of the village of Angmering and the A27. A copse walk, a woodland walk, and a parkland walk all provide mostly flat surfaces, but look out for mud if it has recently rained.
- Enjoy a perfect seaside walk in Worthing, where the flat, wide open prom offers beautiful views of the sea, the sounds of seabirds, and refreshing salt air. With your CareAngel offering support and encouragement every step of the way, you can walk as long as you like or simply enjoy the breath-taking sights and sea breeze.
Need anything from the shop?
Many large chain retail stores supplying essential groceries and other household items remain open in Worthing, and our CareAngels can pick up your click and collect orders from any of them. Major local stores in the Worthing area like the Waitrose at the Lyndhurst Road roundabout by The Corner House and the Sainsbury’s at Lyons Farm are also offering delivery services for your convenience. Our CareAngels always prioritise health and safety when interacting with public spaces, so you can rest assured that we are taking every precaution when collecting your orders.
As well, these two delivery services are based in Brighton and Hove, but they both deliver to the Worthing area. Your CareAngel can help you set up your accounts and facilitate your orders so you get everything you need as quickly as possible.
- The Runner UK app offers users same-day grocery delivery in Worthing and Shoreham-by-Sea for any urgent or last-minute needs. Using the app means you can receive fresh milk and produce within an hour of placing your order, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
- The Brighton and Hove Food Partnership help to deliver local fruit and vegetable boxes to Worthing if you are hoping to support small farmers in the area with your purchase. You and your CareAngel can peruse the website and read about each local farmer to select the scheme that best suits your needs and preferences. Meat, poultry, fish, baked goods, and groceries are all available for purchase.
Some days, we just need a treat…
Just because we are all still in lockdown doesn’t mean we can’t make special events special and enjoy a delicious treat. In fact, lockdown makes special treats downright necessary most days! These two businesses deliver good cheer and smiles with their tasty treats, one for us and one for our furry friends, who also deserve something special once in a while.
- Tan’s Tasty Cakes delivers beautiful cupcakes from Brighton to Littlehampton, and health-conscious customers will be glad to see gluten-free and dairy-free options available for safe, socially-distanced delivery. Flavors like raspberry and white chocolate and coffee and walnut are sure to tempt you so place your orders by Friday evening to receive your delivery on Sunday.
- Strand Pet Supplies on Strand Parade in Worthing are offering free delivery to Worthing and surrounding areas every day except Sunday. To ensure safety, they will leave your order on your doorstep and receive payment over the phone. Wet, dry and frozen food, treats, toys, and accessories for dogs, cats, birds, and even fish are available.
Please contact Guardian Angel Carers home care agency Worthing if you have any questions about our companionship care services. We are proud of our team of compassionate CareAngels, who will be by your side as we look forward to spring, together.