Night Carer Jobs
Apply For a Night Home Care Job in Reading
Guardian Angel Carers in Reading often has vacancies available for night carers, delivering support, assistance, companionship and reassurance to individuals in their own homes and enabling local clients to live independently and safely according to their wishes.
Overnight care can vary, with higher pay rates for waking nights and a comprehensive support system alongside excellent hourly wages. We select candidates based on their personal skills, nature and character, and we can provide full paid training to new applicants without prior care experience.
Visit our Reading home care jobs page to learn more about all available vacancies:
Guaranteed Contracts AvailableAPPLY NOW
Skills and Qualities We Look for in Night Care Applicants
When night carer positions arise, the specific working hours or shift patterns, duties and responsibilities will vary depending on the needs and preferences of the person or family. Night care is responsive and person-first, and we ensure every carer is equipped with all the information they need before each placement to provide the right balance of support and autonomy.
We focus on quality in every aspect of home care provision, and although a driving licence and vehicle may be advantageous in some roles, others require longer shifts in one placement, where the ability to drive may not be necessary. Apply Now!
Recruitment criteria for Reading night care roles can include:
- Reliability and punctuality, ensuring a client can rely on their appointed carer to arrive on time and as scheduled to maintain an established routine.
- Personal skills, such as compassion, patience, and a willingness to adapt and lend a hand around the home or with domestic care tasks as and where required.
- Warmth and approachability – individuals receiving care need a professional service, but one that is delivered with kindness, compassion and trust.
Candidates applying for a night carer role can review the specification and details through our recruitment pages and will be short-listed if we feel they have the qualities that align with our ethos.
Package and Training for Reading Night Carers
Pay & Benefits
Guardian Angel Carers offers competitive rates of pay and other benefits to reward and recognise the skill, dedication and value carers offer their clients. Exact rates and employment details will vary with each night care role, but all carers receive the following:
- Outstanding and competitive pay.
- Additional compensation for certain shifts, such as bank holidays.
- Paid mileage between care placements.
- Flexible working and management support.
- Paid training and options to progress towards further qualifications.
- Access to a workplace pension fund and paid holidays.
- Referral programmes and bonus schemes.
We also provide a Blue Light Card, which allows carers to access discounts on nationwide goods and services and offer ongoing assistance to help carers pursue new skills and knowledge to further their careers.